What will you be doing?
• Providing line management for team of 4 developers (possibly more in the future)
• Ensuring team leading responsible for code quality and timely deliveries
• Reporting progress to the management and business stakeholders
• Technical leading on the project responsible for designing new features
Where will you be working?
Our Prague office is part of the Operations and Technology Division, and as such, we try our best to stay at the top of our technological game. However, the technology itself is not the most important thing. What matters the most to us is the way our ingenuity can help provide better service to our customers and make life easier for our employees.
This opportunity is open to flexible working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
What we’re looking for:
• Experiences with C# development with thorough understanding of .NET platform
• Ability to test your code and decide what should be tested and how
• You will be able to automate your builds and releases and know how to build a CI/CD pipeline
• Knowledge when to use No-SQL over SQL db and vice versa and ability to design your code to be able to run in microservices
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience with cloud (AWS or other)
• Docker, Kubernets, OpenShift
• Experience with “always on” applications (development and support)
Barclays pay and benefits package is designed to reward our employees for their drive, commitment and performance. We offer a competitive salary and paid holiday, private health care, pension contributions, discretionary annual bonus, meal vouchers, and the opportunity to buy Barclays shares and receive a Barclays contribution.
Additionally, you have the flexibility and choice to create a benefits package that’s individual to you. Barclays colleagues can also take advantage of a wide choice of voluntary benefits, with discounts and tax advantages on many of them.
Barclays Prague is a close, friendly and supportive community. Not just because we are a community of technologists, although that’s obviously central to our culture. We enjoying spending time with each other, and the atmosphere is very relaxed and not corporate – we see no need for suits or silos. We find many ways to enjoy our time together, in and out of the office – from sports and games to parties, volunteering and hackathons. We’re a very diverse team, and people feel appreciated for who they are. We work together, play together and are stronger together.
Barclays understand how important it is to balance work with life commitments. That’s why dynamic working was created to help our colleagues achieve an optimal work-life balance. It is an innovative way of thinking and approaching working arrangement, a model that supports a high-performance, high-trust culture focusing on how you perform and not how many hours you spend in the office.