Do you have experience in controlling or complex accounting?
Are you familiar with the Shared Service Center environment?
We are seeking an experienced Financial Accountant for our client based in Prague. Our client is an established worldwide known company with an amazing team and well-established processes.
Senior Financial Accountant is an independent role – the person will be responsible for running and overseeing all accounting tasks, ensuring its accuracy and timeliness, assisting in developing financial policies and procedures, and contributing to continuous process improvements.
Your key functions will be:
- Responsible for the entire General Ledger scope of accounting for entities of the EMEA region, including fixed-assets accounting, intercompany transactions, revenue and expense accounting
- Responsible for calculation, analysis, and accounting for management fees across the company
- Month-end closing activities (accounts reconciliation, reporting)
- Close cooperation with controlling, auditors, tax advisors, local authorities, and other departments of the company
- Manage the statutory accounts production and compliance processes ensuring adherence to statutory requirements and deadlines.
- Manage the tax compliance processes (for corporation tax, VAT) ensuring adherence to statutory requirements
- Ensure financial records comply with company policies and accounting principles.
- Execution of government reports, tax reporting, and ad hoc financial requests
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting; experience in financial controlling is nice to have
- Numerical excellence and a good understanding of best practices in financial reporting.
- Proven experience with reporting according to US GAAP/IFRS, preparation of statutory and financial statements
- Proven experience with VAT returns
- Strong written and spoken English (C1)
- Good interpersonal skills, comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
- Experienced Microsoft Excel user
- Non-EU citizens must have a valid work permit with free access to the Czech Labour Market (Permanent Residency, EU family member, other…)
- Flexible working hours
- Occasional work from home
- 5 weeks of vacation
- 5 sick days
- Financial benefits
- Meal vouchers - 100 CZK
- Contributions to ACCA (30 000 CZK)
- Contributions to accident and life insurance
- Contributions to the pension (3% from salary)
- Delicious coffee at the workplace
- Corporate events